The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) is a private foundation created in 2015 as a public-private partnership to strengthen the work and institutional capacity of the seven frontier research centres that comprise it, and to promote multidisciplinary projects among them.
The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) Foundation announces a call for applications to fill the position of the Foundation’s Manager. The Manager will support the Director-General, Dr. Eduard Vallory, taking responsibility for the economic and administrative management of the activities and resources, both human and material, guaranteeing the availability of the necessary management information for the Board of Trustees. The Manager must be a proactive and results-oriented person, executive in decision making, with initiative and the ability to teamwork. She or He will carry out the administrative management of the Foundation’s activities and will draw up the Foundation’s annual Budget and Action Plan, managing the material and economic resources available. Futhermore, She or He will have to contribute to building initiatives that generate value to the BIST community and to the seven centres that compose it.
• University training in Management, at undergraduate, graduate, or executive level.
• 5 years of previous experience in management positions, preferably in the sector of scientific research foundations and consortia.
• Knowledge of the local and European research system.
• Experience in fundraising and project management.
• Ability to lead, motivate, inspire, and manage conflicts within the team.
• Advanced level of Catalan, Spanish, and English, with good communication skills and written competence.
Interested persons who meet the requirements can apply by sending an e-mail to the following address: FM@bist.eu, attaching their Resume/CV and a Cover Letter. The deadline for applications is 12 December, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to FM@bist.eu