Full-time programme for 1 academic year (60 ECT credits) in English.
The Master of Multidisciplinary Research in Experimental Sciences is a joint academic programme of the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of UPF (DCEXS, UPF) and the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST). The programme offers highly flexible and personalized hands-on research training in a multidisciplinary research environment.
In addition to the research aspect, the master’s will also develop talented scientists through experiential training in professional skills such as scientific communication, project management, responsible research and innovation.
The participating institutes are:
• Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
• Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)
• The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)
• Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
• Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2)
• Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE)
• Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona)
• Department of Experimental and Health Sciences (DCEXS)
The master’s programme offers fully-funded competitive fellowships to outstanding candidates. The fellowships cover tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, and a mobility allowance. Please inquire for details.
The programme is aimed at candidates who intend to undertake a PhD or pursue a research career in fundamental science and technology. The programme is open to candidates who hold a degree in health sciences, engineering, computer sciences or degrees in basic scientific disciplines (chemistry, physics, biology, or mathematics).
Through the programme, students will acquire the following skills:
• basic skills and knowledge needed to carry out advanced and interdisciplinary research projects in one or more of the fields of research
• the ability to acquire, in an independent manner, the knowledge and the practical skills currently necessary to respond to the demands of an open and complex environment which is based on knowledge
• the ability to work effectively on complex research projects in a multidisciplinary environment
The programme is based on experiential learning through work on selected research projects and the supervision of group leaders from a large variety of research areas offered by the BIST research centres and the Department of Health and Experimental Sciences of UPF . The available areas of research are listed at the bottom of the BIST Research page.
Application period: to be announced
Students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the admissions procedure and/or the master’s programme.
For applications procedure, please visit the UPF website.