The Torres-Sánchez group at EMBL-Barcelona is seeking a computer scientist to join our team through the ARISE program. We are looking for candidates that help us bring computational mechanics tools to the general biophysics community. The candidate should ideally have:
- Expertise in software development, computational mechanics (finite element analysis) and high performance computing.
- Interest in the application of computational methods to the analysis of cell and tissue dynamics.
- Collaborate with the group in the development of high-performance and user-friendly scientific software.
- Collaborate with researchers and scientists to understand requirements and improve the software’s functionality.
- Contribute to documentation and provide technical support to users of the software.
- Incorporate state-of-the-art methods into the project.
- Master’s degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Applicants do not have to hold a PhD but must have required experience: 4 years of full-time equivalent experience, e.g., in technology development.
- Experience in software development, with a preference on scientific software and numerical analysis.
- Knowledge of high-performance computing techniques and parallel programming is valued but not required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- A passion for scientific computing and a keen interest in contributing to advancements in the field.
- A competitive salary (around 3000€ net salary /month + allowances) and a three-year contract within the ARISE program at EMBL.
- Access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and resources.
- Opportunity to work on an impactful scientific software project.
- Networking opportunities within EMBL’s vibrant research community.
- Possibility for career progression and exploration of various sectors, including academia, industry, and healthcare.
- Support to travel to conferences and workshops.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
About EMBL ARISE:
EMBL ARISE (Advanced Research Infrastructures for Science and Education) is an innovative fellowship program that offers exceptional researchers the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research infrastructures while fostering their career development. ARISE provides a unique platform for scientists and engineers to work on technology and method development projects within EMBL’s world-renowned research groups.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and a brief presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com