Website ALBAsynchrotron ALBA Synchrotron
ALBA is the Spanish synchrotron light source, a large research infrastructure operating ten beamlines, complementary facilities, and an Electron Microscopy Center, this last in partnership with other institutions. Currently constructing multiple more beamlines, expanding the Electron Microscopy Center, and integrating advanced data analytics, it sums up a wide range of infrastructures geared toward finding solutions to societal challenges.
Located in Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain), it is funded by the Spanish Government (Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación) and the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, Departament de Recerca i Universitats). The synchrotron light produced by 3 GeV electrons is used by thousands of researchers to analyse and understand the properties and functionality of matter, spanning a wide variety of fields, such as catalytic research, health, energy production/storage, environmental research, communication technologies, or cultural heritage.
Our highly motivated staff works in a multidisciplinary work environment with an atmosphere formed by lived diversity, inclusion and respect for our colleagues. Located close to Barcelona in a natural park and well connected by car and public transportation, with excellent connectivity to the world and an employer who understands the importance of life-work balance.
Facing an upgrade to ALBA II, a 4th generation facility, which will increase dramatically brightness and coherent flux, ALBA is in a phase of growth and dynamics.
Being a part of the ALBA team will promote your career and will give you the opportunities to explore new territories.
For more information, you can take a look on our history watching this video:
The Controls and Data Acquisition Section is staffed by 20 engineers. The section is responsible of design, develop, operate and support the Control Systems of the Accelerators and Beamlines and the Data Acquisition systems required for the experiments. In addition, the section is also taking charge for the Protection Systems for Personnel and Equipment.
We are looking for a PLC Automation Engineer eager to learn and take on new challenges while contributing to:
– Develop PLC-based systems for the control, equipment protection, and personnel protection systems of the ALBA’s Beamlines and Accelerators. This includes sensor readouts, mechanical actuators, interlock mechanisms and other components.
– Provide support for several services related to the Control Systems, in particular for the Accelerators and Beamlines during operation.
– Participate in the maintenance of the PLC’s systems during specified periods.
– Interact with distributed Controls System of the Accelerator and Beamlines (TANGO).
– Be part of an Agile team in protection system projects.
The requirements for participation must be met on the date of the deadline for the submission of applications and will be accredited by means of the CV attached to it, without prejudice to the power of the selection body to require the contribution. of the originals of the certifications accrediting the qualifications, training and work experience invoked in the CV.
Applications that do not present the aforementioned or required documentation during the selection procedure will not be accepted.
– University degree in Industrial Engineering specialized in Automation. Alternatively, candidates holding other degrees with additional proven knowledge, guaranteeing similar technical capabilities to Industrial Engineering for the functions described above will also be considered.
Final year students of Industrial Engineering specialized in Automation (at least 180 ECTS achieved) will be as well accepted and shall attach their academic Transcript of Records (ToR).
– She/he must have programming knowledge in PLC-based platforms (preferably Siemens S7, B&R or Beckhoff platforms).
– She/he must speak and write English fluently
Selection Process Development
The selection will be carried out through the competition-opposition system.
As a first phase, an analysis of the curriculum will be carried out (assessment of previous experience and / or scientific history, degree, training and other professional information relevant to the position).
The assessment of the CV in the competition phase will be 40 points, which will consider the following aspects:
– University degree in Industrial Engineering specialized in Automation. (10 points)
– Experience in the beforementioned technical areas (15 points)
– Evaluation of personal contribution in a relevant PLC-based project. The candidate must attach a brief description or a publicly accessible link. For example: Final Degree thesis; Specific Professional Development; Personal project or publication. (15 points)
The best rated candidates, at least two if possible, will be invited to an interview where the technical competence, knowledge, skills and professional experience linked to the position will be assessed, with a total score of 60 points. A minimum of 30 points must be obtained out of a total of 60 points to be eligible.
The interview will include at least:
• Presentation of professional experience
• Auto-assessment of soft skills
• Vision of the job position
• Motivation for applying
The merits will be accredited by means of the CV attached to the application. The selection body may require accreditation by additional documentation, originals or certified copies confirming the experience invoked in the CV.
In case of a tied final score, the position will be awarded to the person who belongs to the most underrepresented gender in the corresponding Division and subsidiarily to the overall company.
If necessary, alternates of the members of the Board Selection will be appointed by the president of the selection process, and the change will be published in the announcement.
The resolution of the selection procedure will be carried out within a maximum period of six months from the deadline for submitting applications for participation.
The selection process may be declared vacant if the selection body considers not to have found suitable candidates for the position although they might meet the minimum requirements.
Temporary contract until definitive coverage.
The Selection Board is composed by the following members: Oscar Matilla Barceló, Guifré Cuní Soler and Raquel Muñoz Horta.
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.