Within the framework of the 2019-2022 Excellence Severo Ochoa Programme, the 2nd. SEVERO OCHOA WORKSHOP ON ENERGY STORAGE AND HARVESTING is Organised by Prof. Monica Lira-Cantu, Nanostructured Materials Photovoltaic Energy Group Leader at ICN2.
The theme of the Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) conference will be renewable energy, its transformative future global utilization, and applications in enabling technologies. The scope of the conference includes novel materials, devices and architectures for renewable energy. At the end of this one day conference, a round table with a group of panellists will discuss the role that female leadership has played in scientific research, education and innovation, especially in the field of renewable energy.
The scope of the conference will cover but is not limited to the following areas:
- Conversion of solar light into electricity
- Conversion of solar light into thermal energy
- Conversion of solar light into chemical energy and fuel generation
- Energy storage including batteries and capacitors
- Fuel cells, ferroic materials (piezo, ferro, flexo)
- Thermoelectrics – materials, methods and devices
- Novel applications (e.g. self-powered devices for wearables and sensors)
More information here