The BIST Centres ICN2, ICFO and IFAE participate in the organization of the 2nd edition of the Quantum Matter International Conference – QUANTUMatter 2022 (Barcelona, Spain)
The conference aims at gathering the various communities engaged in the science and technologies of quantum information and quantum matter, to foster the incubation of new ideas & collaborations at the forefront of quantum technologies, emerging quantum materials and novel generations of quantum communication protocols, quantum sensing and quantum simulation.
Quantum Information and Quantum Matter are two components of revolutionary treatments of information, which are becoming cornerstones for discovering and implementing disruptive paradigms in quantum computation and quantum technologies.
They have huge potential to impact established industrial sectors or building novel industries, as evidenced by the race towards practical quantum computers, together with the use of quantum technologies for secure communication, sensing and simulations of the quantum world. Quantum Matter encompasses existing materials used in current quantum technologies and Qubits-based architectures design as well as the vast family of topological quantum materials in which symmetries, topology and entanglement are strongly intertwined, and give rise to spectacular phenomena such as exotic superconductivity, quantum spin liquids, quantum anomalous Hall effect, nontrivial fermionic excitations such as Majorana fermions or more exotic many-body states,… The convergences and synergies between Q-information and Q-Matter are foundational and will keep flourishing in the next decade.
Register here Programme
- Antonio Correia (Phantoms Foundation, Spain) – Chairperson
- Ricardo Muiño (DIPC, Spain)
- Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll (IFF-CSIC, Spain)
- Pablo Ordejon (ICN2, Spain)
Local Organising Committee
- Jordi Arbiol (ICREA/ICN2, Spain)
- Leticia Tarruell (ICFO, Spain)
- Pol Forn-Díaz (IFAE, Spain)
- Alba Cervera Lierta (Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain)
- John Calsamiglia Costa (Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Spain)
- Bruno Julia (Universidad de Barcelona, Spain)
- Francesc Perez-Murano (CNM / CSIC, Spain)
- Valerio Pruneri (ICFO, Spain)