The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) and its seven centres, along with hfp consulting are offering this three day course for senior postdoctoral researchers working at the BIST centres. The aim is to conduct a training programme that will considerably influence and support participants’ current scientific work as well as future careers. The main focus will be to address the human aspects of doing science. We aim to empower participants to live up to their full potential.
• Improve their leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
• Understand how to reach career goals more efficiently (doing things right) and more effectively (doing the right things)
• Improve their (self-) organizational skills
• Learn and practice useful tools for their career in science
• Be encouraged to establish and maintain a peer support group
• Strengthen their network within BIST
• Key communication skills
• Dealing with conflicts
• Organizing your work: setting goals and priorities
• Dealing with different personalities
• Gender bias
• The art of giving and receiving feedback
• Mastering the job interview process
• Designing a competence portfolio of transferable skills for future positions
Registration will be managed internally through each BIST centre.
About HFP Consulting
We strongly believe that leadership skills, essential for today’s challenges in scientific work, can be acquired and developed. Our goal is to enable scientists to productively deal with challenges related to interpersonal aspects of doing science.