The presentation of the 2021 BioRegion of Catalonia Report, the benchmark study that analyzes the life sciences and healthcare sector in Catalonia, will take place on January 26 in hybrid format *: in person at the AXA Auditorium in Barcelona and will also be streamed. The report is promoted by Biocat, together with CataloniaBio & HealthTech and ACCIÓ.
In addition to the presentation of the main indicators and results from the report, we’ll also have two panel discussions to share experiences from benchmark countries in regulatory issues and speak about the BioRegion’s commitment to becoming a hub for advanced therapies and precision medicine.
How have the main health innovation indicators evolved this year of the pandemic? Has more been invested than last year? How is Catalonia positioned on the stock markets? What should be taken into account in putting together an international market access strategy? Save your spot and find it out.
10:00 am – Institutional Welcome
The Hon. Pere Aragonès, President of the Government of Catalonia
10:15 am – Presentation of the 2021 BioRegion Report
- Robert Fabregat, CEO, Biocat
- Jaume Amat, President, CataloniaBio & HealthTech / Silvia Ondategui, Partner Life Sciences, Ernst & Young
- Natàlia Mas, Director General of Industry, Government of Catalonia, and CEO of Catalonia Trade & Investment
11h – Networking (outdoors)
11:45 am – Round table: “Hi, I’m an SME, where is my fast track?”
Chair: Montserrat Daban, Scientific and International Relations Director of Biocat
- Healthcare marketplace: a go-to market strategy across Europe – Richard Charter, Vice President, Market Access MedTech Europa and Asia-Pacific at Alira Health
- The DiGA Fast Track, enabling digital transformation – Marco Wendel, CEO at Medical Valley Digital Health Application Center GmbH
- Transposing the DiGA to the French market (challenges & opportunities)**
- The route to procurement in the UK and overseas – Suzanne Ali-Hassan, Deputy Director, Commercial & Innovation at UCL Partners
- The five keywords of value-based procurement – Ramon Maspons, CIO at Agency for Health Quality and Assessment of Catalonia (AQuAS)
12:45 am – The Next Generation bet for the BioRegion: the new advanced therapies and precision medicine hub
Chair: Robert Fabregat, CEO, Biocat
- Fina Lladós, CEO, AMGEN
- Toni Andreu, Scientific Director, EATRIS
- Joan Comella, Director, Vall d’Hebron Institut de Recerca (VHIR)
- Jaume Amat, President, CataloniaBio & HealthTech
13:15h. – Conclusions i Cloenda
Robert Fabregat, CEO, Biocat
13:30h. – Networking (outdoors)
- Registration to attend the Presentation of the Report of the BioRegion of Catalonia 2021
- Download the 2020 BioRegion Report
* IMPORTANT NOTE: This event is scheduled to be held at Auditori AXA (Barcelona) if the situation and the Covid measures in place at that date allow it. Following current protocol and security measures, it will be necessary to show the QR code of your Covid certificate (digitally or on paper) or a negative PCR/antigen test to access the event, as well as the DNI or identification document. We strongly recommend you arrive early to avoid crowds.
(**to be confirmed)