BIST is currently interested in building upon and strengthening the research in graphene and 2D materials. Some of the BIST centres are already very well positioned in this area of research at an international level and BIST aims to open the world of 2D materials to other BIST centres, showing them not only what they can do for this area of research but also what it can do for them.
To begin working towards this goal, BIST is organizing a Graphene Open Day on May 16th, 2018 from 9am to 5:30pm at ICFO in Castelldefels.
This event is aimed at all researchers (Group Leaders, Postdoctoral Fellows, and PhD Students) who are either already working in this area or are interested in finding out more about how they could contribute to this area of research and/or how graphene and 2D materials could benefit their work.
The general objectives of this Graphene Open Day are:
– To expose BIST researchers at large to the world of Graphene and 2D materials,
– To present current challenges along the life span of Graphene and 2D materials research and debate on how they could be tackled from various disciplines present at the BIST centres,
– To identify and define collaborative research lines that can be funded through BIST initiatives, and
– To boost cross-disciplinary collaborations in the frame of two dimensional materials than enrich ongoing initiatives in the field.
By the end of the day, participants should leave knowing not only what graphene and 2D materials can do for them, but having an idea of what they can do with their expertise to further advance this area of research.
The full programme can be downloaded here
9:00 Registration and coffee
9:30 Welcome (BIST, ICFO)
9:45 Goals and challenges
12:30 Visits to labs
13:30 Networking lunch
14:30 Parallel sessions
– ideas about dynamization of session by BIST + institutions
17:00 Final conclusions
18:00 End of the day
Registration is free and can found here.